- Based on a true story, The Jew's Beech centres on two brutal murders in rural Westphalia - the first of a local forester and the second of a Jewish moneylender near a beech tree - and the impact these events...
- Now adapted into a new series on Sky Arts starring Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe "The perverse inability of we humans to learn from our mistakes is what beats at the black heart of A Young Doctor's Notebook...
- The most celebrated of French medieval poets, François Villon makes poetry out the basest material – the raw urban life of Paris with its petty officials, students, clergy, tradesmen, pimps, whores and...
- Nathanael remains haunted by his childhood fear that the lawyer Coppelius, a strange night-time visitor who used to come to his house to conduct alchemical experiments with his father – the latter dying as a...
- The Vita Nuova, with its unusual blend of prose and poetry, is universally recognized as Dante’s early masterpiece and provides an indispensable prequel to The Divine Comedy. Set in thirteenth-century...
- A master of many literary genres, Arthur Conan Doyle excelled particularly in the short-story form, and was acclaimed in his day as much for his detective stories as for his thrilling tales of mystery and the...
- Musil's limpid, psychological evocation of adolescent sexuality and its often sadistic eroticism which anticipates the carnage of both World Wars As the nineteenth century draws to an end, young Törless is...
- Recently adapted for BBC1's lavish production The Paradise Encapsulating, with luxurious detail, the phenomenon of consumer society‚ obsessed with image, fashion and instant gratification‚ The Ladies...
- Introduction by Tibor Fischer Although he is now mostly remembered as a novelist, it is as a poet and translator of poetry that Sándor Márai – the acclaimed author of Embers and Conversations in Bolzano...
- One of Flaubert’s earliest writings, but published only after his death, Memoirs of a Madman presents us with a young man as he reflects – alternating between musings on the present and memories of the past...
- Dante’s dramatic journey down the circles of Hell, up the mountain of Purgatory and through the spheres of Heaven in search of redemption – and his encounter with devils, monsters and the souls of sinners...
- Special collection of six of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s most popular works, only Ł29.99, worth Ł41.94. A must-have for fans of Fitzgerald and ideal as a gift. Includes: All the Sad Young Men The Beautiful and...
The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald
Exercises in StyleRaymond Queneau
Alice's Adventures Under GroundLewis Carroll
Journey to the End of the NightLouis-Ferdinand Céline
The Master and MargaritaMikhail Bulgakov
Dearest FatherFranz Kafka
The Haunted HouseCharles Dickens
Tender is the NightF. Scott Fitzgerald
This Side of ParadiseF. Scott Fitzgerald
The Beautiful and DamnedF. Scott Fitzgerald
- Winter Notes on Summer ImpressionsFyodor Dostoevsky
- InfernoDante Alighieri
- FrankensteinMary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Memoirs of a Mother-in-LawGeorge R. Sims
- Basil and JosephineF. Scott Fitzgerald
- Love PoemsDante Alighieri
- Flappers and PhilosophersF. Scott Fitzgerald
- Monday or TuesdayVirginia Woolf
- Petersburg TalesNikolai Gogol
- The Mudfog PapersCharles Dickens
- The IdiotFyodor Dostoevsky
- Leonardo da Vinci: Gods ResurgentDmitry Sergeyevich Merezhkovsky