- The career of Mikhail Bulgakov, the author of Master and Margarita – now regarded as one of the masterpieces of twentieth-century literature – was characterized by a constant and largely...
- Invited to an extravagantly lavish party in a Long Island mansion, Nick Carraway, a young bachelor who has just settled in the neighbouring cottage, is intrigued by the mysterious host, Jay Gatsby, a...
- Describing Dante’s second stage in his arduous journey to redemption, Purgatory features a host of unforgettable scenes and characters, and arguably some of the best poetry to be found in the Divine Comedy...
- As they relax after dinner on Christmas Eve, the members of a family and their guests turn to telling ghost stories. These ghoulish accounts range from the melancholy to the macabre, and get increasingly...
- Special collection of six of our most popular classics of English Literature, only £25.00, worth £29.94. A perfect gift for lovers of literature. Includes: Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian...
- Special collection of six classic tales of terror, only £29.99, worth £34.94. A must-have for Halloween. Includes: H.P. Lovecraft's The Rats in the Walls and Other Tales Charles Dickens's A Christmas...
- Born into a poor family, Fanny Price is raised amid the daunting splendour of Mansfield Park by her rich uncle, Sir Thomas Bertram. Treated as an inferior by most of the family, Fanny forms a close attachment...
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets are among the most lyrical and moving pieces of poetry in any language, abounding with examples of his genius for wordplay, rhythm and metaphor and dealing with the eternal themes of...
- Ebenezer Scrooge is a lonely, miserly old man who hates Christmas, which he dismisses as “humbug”. One Christmas Eve, however, he is visited by a series of ghosts who reveal to him the innocence he has lost...
- A murderer is forced to reveal his crime by the sound of a beating heart, a mysterious figure wreaks havoc among a party of noblemen during the time of the plague, a grieving lover awakens to find himself...
- Under the pressure of his boss, the intransigent Rivière, the airmail pilot Fabien attempts a perilous flight during a heavy night-time thunderstorm in Argentina. As conditions get worse and the radio...
- Widely considered one of the greatest American novels, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn tells the story of Huck Finn and his companion, the slave Jim, as they journey down the Mississippi river after running...
The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald
The Master and MargaritaMikhail Bulgakov
Exercises in StyleRaymond Queneau
Alice's Adventures Under GroundLewis Carroll
Journey to the End of the NightLouis-Ferdinand Céline
Wuthering HeightsEmily Brontë
The Divine ComedyDante Alighieri
- Childhood, Boyhood, YouthLeo Tolstoy
- Is Shakespeare Dead?Mark Twain
- Winter Notes on Summer ImpressionsFyodor Dostoevsky
- A Nest of the GentryIvan Turgenev
- MoneyÉmile Zola
- A Hero of Our TimeMikhail Lermontov
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram...Laurence Sterne
- MiddlemarchGeorge Eliot
- Moby DickHerman Melville
- Little Lord FauntleroyFrances Hodgson Burnett
- Love and FriendshipJane Austen
- Northanger AbbeyJane Austen