- A murderer is forced to reveal his crime by the sound of a beating heart, a mysterious figure wreaks havoc among a party of noblemen during the time of the plague, a grieving lover awakens to find himself...
- Special collection of six classic tales of terror, only £29.99, worth £34.94. A must-have for Halloween. Includes: H.P. Lovecraft's The Rats in the Walls and Other Tales Charles Dickens's A Christmas...
- Ebenezer Scrooge is a lonely, miserly old man who hates Christmas, which he dismisses as “humbug”. One Christmas Eve, however, he is visited by a series of ghosts who reveal to him the innocence he has lost...
- Born into a poor family, Fanny Price is raised amid the daunting splendour of Mansfield Park by her rich uncle, Sir Thomas Bertram. Treated as an inferior by most of the family, Fanny forms a close attachment...
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets are among the most lyrical and moving pieces of poetry in any language, abounding with examples of his genius for wordplay, rhythm and metaphor and dealing with the eternal themes of...
- Now bankrupt after some failed gambles, Aristide Saccard, the former kingpin of the Paris Stock Exchange, desperately wants to get back to the top of the financial pile. When his powerful brother, the...
- Constantly rebuffed from the social circles he aspires to frequent, the timid clerk Golyadkin is confronted by the sudden appearance of his double, a more brazen, confident and socially successful version of...
- Under the pressure of his boss, the intransigent Rivière, the airmail pilot Fabien attempts a perilous flight during a heavy night-time thunderstorm in Argentina. As conditions get worse and the radio...
- Set in the Ukrainian capital of Kiev during the chaotic winter of 1918–19, The White Guard, Bulgakov’s first full-length novel, tells the story of a Russian-speaking family trapped in circumstances that...
- Widely considered one of the greatest American novels, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn tells the story of Huck Finn and his companion, the slave Jim, as they journey down the Mississippi river after running...
- All eight works of fiction from Mikhail Bulgakov, available as a set for only £50. This product includes: The Master and Margarita The White Guard Black Snow: A Theatrical Novel Notes on a Cuff and...
- Shipwrecked on an unknown island, Lemuel Gulliver wakes to find himself surrounded by its six-inch-tall natives, the Lilliputians. But this is only the first in a long line of wonderful discoveries, as his...
The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald
The Master and MargaritaMikhail Bulgakov
Exercises in StyleRaymond Queneau
Alice's Adventures Under GroundLewis Carroll
Journey to the End of the NightLouis-Ferdinand Céline
Wuthering HeightsEmily Brontë
The Divine ComedyDante Alighieri
- Essential Classics
- After-Supper Ghost StoriesJerome K. Jerome
- The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald
- Diaries and Selected LettersMikhail Bulgakov
- PurgatoryDante Alighieri
- Childhood, Boyhood, YouthLeo Tolstoy
- Is Shakespeare Dead?Mark Twain
- Winter Notes on Summer ImpressionsFyodor Dostoevsky
- A Nest of the GentryIvan Turgenev
- A Hero of Our TimeMikhail Lermontov
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram...Laurence Sterne
- MiddlemarchGeorge Eliot